Thursday, May 15, 2008

One of THOSE mornings


What a difference a couple of days make. Saturday, Emily and I had such a great morning and this morning was totally opposite. There are days when I wonder why God thought I was fit to be a mother. I wanted a child so badly and now I don't know what to do with her. This was not the way it was "supposed" to be. In my mind I was going to be the perfect mother. You know the one-playing games, taking her to the park, fingerpainting, reading EVERY night before bed.... But who am I now-the angry, some days can't stand to be around her, saying things that I can't take back mom. I'm crying as I write this, who have I become? I know there are others out there like me, angry. My friends just say it is normal, they all lose their tempers with their kids. I don't think they understand the feelings I have. I don't think it is normal-the things I say and do sure don't feel NORMAL!

I'm reading a book right now entitled "She's Gonna Blow-Real Help For Moms Dealing With Anger" ......hoping to find the answer. Can't read it fast enough, need help today.

Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE my daughter with all of my heart and would give up my life for her but there is something there, something missing between her and I, some missing link....

1 comment:

adymommy said...

I could have written this.
This is wrong for me to say but I think it is a girl thing. I say it for 2 reasons. 1. I don't get put out as fast with my boys. 2. I am queen, she who must be obeyed, and I don't like feeling like I'm not. Adylynn challenges the things I ask of her. She will tell me NO or I don't want to or flat out ignore me. She will scream, whine, and cry when she doesn't get her way the boys just pout for awhile and get on with life. Basically, for me, we are to much alike for our own good! I wish I had a simple answer to controlling it but please know you are not alone!