Monday, May 12, 2008

A Great Mother's Day Weekend

Emily and I had a great Saturday morning and have decided that we will do the same thing every Saturday that Delmar has to work at the bank. First we ran all of our errands (postoffice, bank, Walmart) and then we went to the Farmer's Market on the square. We bought 2 yummy breads, some cookies and a cinnamon roll. We also took our first trip to the public library and checked out books using Emily's very own library card.

Saturday afternoon, my mom took me out for a Mother's Day luncheon at La Tea Da. It is a tea room here in Clinton. It was so neat! We started out with Strawberry soup and a Sweet Cream Scone with vanilla custard-delicious! Then we moved on to Salad Greens with plum-peary passion dressing. The main course was a bunch of little sandwiches and nibbles-Cherub's chicken salad on a croissant, Ginger peach salsa bites, Praline turkey tea sandwich, Cucumber tea sandwich, Prosciutto mozzarella roll-up and a chicken puff that was out of this world!!!! We ended with desserts-Carrot cake, Chocolate raspberry bar, Fresh fruit bar and Snickerdoodle truffle cookie-cake.


The entire luncheon was awesome and we met some lovely ladies from Bloomington, Lincoln and Champaign. After lunch, mom treated me to a movie and we saw "Made of Honor" with Patrick Dempsey from Grey's Anatomy. It was a cute movie.


-------------------------------------------------

Sunday morning we woke and went to first service at church so we could get home to fix lunch for mom & Bob. But before we went, Emily brought me my cards and gifts. She got me a $50 giftcard to Hallmark so I can buy another piece to my Willow nativity. I can't wait to go shopping! Also, she made me this awesome butterfly with her hands and it has the best poem on it that really made me stop and think...

The poem reads:

Sometime I'm like a butterfly, I flutter to and fro. I just can't seem to be content, I'm always on the go. I can't stay still in my cocoon, I'm struggling to be free. I want to please you every day, But I can't hide from me. I guess I have a lot to learn, Just need to try my wings. And as I flutter all about, I'm learning many things. This time I have a purpose, I'm fluttering your way. I want to wish to you, A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

WOW!!! I have decided to frame it and hang it in my bedroom to read every day and remember how special my little girl is.

No comments: