Thursday, March 25, 2010

Channeling June Cleaver

When I woke up this morning I thought it was going to be a horrible day. I had a terrible sore throat and according to hubby, I tossed and turned all night long, (sorry baby!) and it was cold and rainy out. But by the time Em was off to school, my Advil had kicked in and I had downed half a cup of hot tea and was feeling better.

That's when it happened. I was checking out Aunt Ruthie's Sugar Pie Farmhouse and between her blogging and the 40s music that plays on her site, June Cleaver entered my home thru me!!!

I donned my favorite new pink floral apron from Aunt Dorothy and found an online 40s radio station and began making French Toast to get into the freezer for Em's Thursday morning breakfasts. (Thursdays are pancake/waffle/french toast day here at the Sandage house.) I got one and a half loaves of Texas toast converted to French Toast. That's enough to feed her for quite some time as long as we can keep daddy out of it. Doesn't look YUMMY! Too bad it isn't Weight Watcher friendly...4 points per slice!!!!!!! OUCH!


After the French Toast was in the freezer and the mess cleaned up and kitchen sink was shiny,

I set out to iron Delmar's work shirts. Not usually one of my favorite jobs but today it made me happy to do it. He's gotten several new shirts lately and they aren't wrinkle resistant but do come out nicely when ironed so I've decided that's what needs to be done and I'm ok with it.

I've been working this week on our bedroom per Flylady's Flight Plan for the week. Spending 15 minutes a day decluttering. I've gotten rid of 2 kitchen trash bags of clothes that I haven't wore in ages as well as some twin sheet sets. (I don't think we need 5 sets when we only have one twin bed in the house LOL) Now it is hubby's turn but he's been busy this week. I would do his myself but I'm afraid I will get rid of something that he loves.

Time to scoot, hubby just got home from his Kingdom Soldiers group I'm gonna go check and see how his day was.

Here's just something to make you smile. He's in my kitchen window and when the breeze blows in, his head bobbles all over. Just too cute!!!


No comments: