Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What a weekend!

Saturday started out so good and it just went downhill from there. It was supposed to be our BIG day for getting a large part of the deck done. But, after much discussion, it was decided that the plan that was laid out (and the materials purchased for), was not the best plan after all. So, hubby went back to Menard's, got new materials and came back to finally get "really" working after 3PM.

While the guys were working on the deck, my neighbor Jenny convinced me that carpet in the laundry/mud room was not a good idea with the pool and we decided to pull up the carpet. How hard could it be, after all it was only nailed down around the edges. But if I knew what was coming, I would have never even touched it!

The carpet came up great. My other friend, Jo Ann knew just how to cut it up so it would be easier and we wouldn't have to move the washer and dryer out of the room. Perfect!! So there I was, broom in one hand and pliers in the other pulling nails out of the floor when all of a sudden the nail gave, my pliers hit the broom and the end of the broom went under my glasses and scratched my cornea. Fortunately, I was able to get in to an eye doctor who was so kind to meet me at his office at 7PM Saturday night. He told me that it wasn't cut, just an abrasion. But man did it smart!

So, I've spent the last 3 days basically blind. My worst fear come true...laying around sleeping or listening to the TV, not able to see...not able to explain to my 5 year old why she can't go out to play because I can't keep any eye on her.

Today I was able to remove the patch and it feels soooo much better. My vision is still rotten, very blurry. I pray that it will come around soon, praying for no permanent damage.

1 comment:

adymommy said...

oh my!

I now understand why you aren't comfortable driving.

See you this afternoon!