Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HHHHMMMMMM.....

"When our children’s requests are reasonable or good, let’s not say no just because saying yes would be inconvenient." (From Parenting at the Speed of Life by Rick Osborne)

Wow! How often have I been guilty of this? Way too many times to count. Sometimes I'm able to stop after I've said no to something and say to myself, "what would it hurt?" Then let her do it. Silly things like playing with PlayDoh. It makes such a mess...little balls of dough all over, on the table, the carpet. And don't get me started on glitter! But....IT'S JUST DOUGH and GLITTER!!! It will vacuum up, it can be washed.

I read this in an article this morning while trying to figure out AGAIN how to discipline Emily. We had another battle this morning. All I wanted was for her to go brush her teeth (she was loitering over breakfast and the bus was coming soon). And she started in, BUT...BUT...BUT! I lost it! Then Delmar chimes in! Bad move on his part. I told him I would appreciate it if I started a "battle" with Emily that he let me finish it. His response: "your way is working out so well for you isn't it." UUUGGGHHHH!!!!

So anyway, I've been online all morning researching the Focus on the Family website trying to find the answer.....

No comments: