Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cuttin' Firewood, Hair Cut & A Christmas Parade

I have decided that I LOVE my fireplace, after living in this house for nearly 4 years! So, when Bob (my step-dad) posted a bunch of firewood on Freecycle, I jumped on it. We have a friend of a friend who has a friend that has a log splitter that we were able to borrow. Delmar and Emily spent the early part of the morning splitting wood. Emily was having a ball operating the hydrolics while Delmar did the heavy work.


After resting for a bit, Delmar headed off to be on a float for the bank in the Decatur Christmas parade. Meanwhile, Emily and I headed off to get her hair cut. It had been getting a bit unruly and was in desparate need of a trim. We ended up getting about 5 inches cut off of the back but not too much cut off of the front. The picture isn't real great since I didn't actually get the back of her head...gggrrrr. Anywho, we all love it.


We met up with daddy on the parade route and prepared to freeze our rearends off. It was soooo cold. I got to drive the truck and Emily got in about half way thru because she was too cold. Recognize the Jack in the Box?

No comments: